Sweet, crunchy and chewy is the best way to describe these nutty brittle cookies. They’re addictive and so yummy!
These cookies actually ended up being a happy accident. My initial intention was to make cookies with bits of fudge in them, but I couldn’t get fudge anywhere (I failed dismally at making the fudge myself). I needed to make something different, so the only thing I could think of using was cashew nut brittle! I’m so happy that I was forced into using the brittle because these cookies are delicious. They’re sweet, nutty, crunchy and chewy all at the same time.
They are so easy to make and make enough to feed a crowd. They are perfect with your morning (or afternoon or evening) coffee or tea!
Check out my recipe below and let me know what you think!
Nutty Brittle Cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g Nutella
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 300g nut brittle, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line some baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, sugars and Nutella in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in the flour and bicarbonate soda, then stir in the milk and chopped brittle.
- Cover the bowl with cling-wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 min.
- Roll level tablespoons on the cookie dough into balls and place about 3cm apart on the baking trays.
- Bake for about 12 min and allow to cool on trays.