Sweet, crunchy and chewy is the best way to describe these nutty brittle cookies. They’re addictive and so yummy!
These cookies actually ended up being a happy accident. My initial intention was to make cookies with bits of fudge in them, but I couldn’t get fudge anywhere (I failed dismally at making the fudge myself). I needed to make something different, so the only thing I could think of using was cashew nut brittle! I’m so happy that I was forced into using the brittle because these cookies are delicious. They’re sweet, nutty, crunchy and chewy all at the same time.
They are so easy to make and make enough to feed a crowd. They are perfect with your morning (or afternoon or evening) coffee or tea!
Check out my recipe below and let me know what you think!
Nutty Brittle Cookies
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g Nutella
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 300g nut brittle, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line some baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, sugars and Nutella in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in the flour and bicarbonate soda, then stir in the milk and chopped brittle.
- Cover the bowl with cling-wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 min.
- Roll level tablespoons on the cookie dough into balls and place about 3cm apart on the baking trays.
- Bake for about 12 min and allow to cool on trays.
It’s funny how 2 people, who have been together for 10 years, can have two very different opinions on brownies! I love gooey chocolate brownies of all varieties, and my fiance hates them (don’t worry, I don’t understand it either). He loves chocolate and he likes chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream, but he seriously dislikes brownies. With this in mind, and seeing as our anniversary weekend is coming up, I decided to make 2 desserts, the first being these gloriously cakey milk chocolate & macadamia nut brownies (the brownies are for me and the 2nd dessert will be for my fiance)!
If you love a good cake-like brownie and you love milk chocolate, then this is the recipe for you. They’re not too sweet and are studded with pops of salty macadamia nuts (you can use whatever nuts you like). They’re also so quick and easy to make. Bonus!
200g of lovely milk chocolate that gets melted with 125g of butter.
The macadamia nuts get roughly chopped.
Lovely thick and gooey brownie batter in a 20cm square cake pan.
The glorious cakey results!
Milk Chocolate & Macadamia Nut Brownies
- 125g butter
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 100g salted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease & line a 20cm square cake pan, making sure that the baking paper hangs over 2 sides of the pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, over low heat, until smooth. Remove from the heat & cool for 10 min.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into a large bowl and stir in the sugar & eggs. Mix in the sifted flour and then stir in the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 mins.
- Cool in the pan, then remove and cut into squares.