Every second Friday night is burger night in our house (every other Friday is pizza night). I love a good burger and I love making them at home. This turned out to be my fiancé’s favorite burger so far. It’s easy to make and the whole family will love it!
Ultimate Chicken Burgers
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 large gherkins, sliced lengthways
- 8 rashers bacon, cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 slices pineapple
- Burger relish
- Burger sauce (mix 2 tbsp mayo with 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp mustard and 4 tsp gherkin juice)
- Butterfly your chicken breasts and season with desired seasoning (I use some soy sauce and steak seasoning).
- Cook chicken breasts in preheated, oiled frying pan for about 5 min a side.
- Place cheese on top of chicken breasts, cover pan and allow the chicken to steam and the cheese to melt, about 3 -5 min. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Grill pineapple in the same pan until you get a golden color on each side.
- Cut burger buns in half, butter the bottom half of the bun, add lettuce, burger relish, tomato slice, pineapple and gherkins.
- Place cooked chicken breasts on top of gherkins, top with slices of cooked bacon.
- Spread burger sauce on top half of bun and add onion slices.
- Serve with fries or just enjoy it on its own!