I love making hearty salads that are quick and easy to prepare (we all have those days where we really don’t feel like making anything fancy). This Mexican beef salad is quick, easy and most importantly, delicious!
It’s made up of strips of beef, avocado, corn, tomatoes, lettuce and roasted kidney beans. Yes, you read that last bit correctly, roasted kidney beans. When you roast the beans, you end up with a crunchy, salty, beany delight. They add great texture to salads and just make life a bit more interesting. To finish this fully loaded salad off, I’ve drizzled some Sriracha mayo over and topped it with chopped spring onion. Enjoy!
Mexican Beef Salad
- 350g beef strips
- Lettuce, washed
- 200g cherry tomaotoes, halved
- 1 can kidney beans (drained, rinsed and dried)
- 1 can corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
- 2 avocados
- 4 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly oil a baking tray.
- Drain, rinse and dry the kidney beans. Place the beans on the baking tray, lightly coat with oil and season with salt, pepper & paprika. Roast in the oven for 25 – 30 min.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, drain and rinse the corn kernels, dice the avocados and chop the spring onion. Set aside.
- Slice the beef strips into 4 cm strips and season with the soy sauce and steak seasoning. Cook beef in a lightly oiled frying pan for about 10 min.
- Make the Sriracha mayo by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- To serve: tear lettuce into serving bowls, then add halved tomatoes, corn and diced avocados. Add roasted beans and cooked beef. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo and top with chopped spring onion.