This is the first short post in a weekly “Simple Supper” recipe segment that I’ll be doing. All the recipes will be easy to make and budget friendly (Bonus!).
This bacon & pea pasta recipe is so simple and delicious that it’s become a firm family favorite in my home. It only takes about 30 min to make and you end up with a light pasta dish that’s comforting & filling! Check out the recipe below 🙂
Simple Bacon and Pea Pasta
- 350 – 400g pasta (I used Penne)
- 200g streaky bacon, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Half an onion, chopped
- 100ml white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper & paprika, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling water, until al dente, about 15 mins.
- Drain pasta and reserve 4 tbsp of the pasta water.
- Cook bacon until crispy (I cook it in the microwave, on high, 4-5 pieces at a time for about 30 sec – 1 min per piece, but you can cook it anyway you like).
- While your bacon is cooking, melt butter in a large frying pan, over medium heat.
- Add peas, onion and garlic to butter and cook for 5 mins.
- Add wine and saute for an additional 5 mins.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Season your sauce with salt, pepper and paprika, to taste.
- Add your reserved pasta water and pasta to your sauce and toss until coated.
- Serve, topped with grated Parmesan.