There’s nothing more comforting than grabbing a glass of milk (full fat of course) and dunking a really good chocolate chip cookie into it (to be honest, any dunkable cookie will do for me).
These chocolate chip cookies are loaded with chunks of chocolatey goodness. This is my go-to recipe for choc chip cookies, but I decided to turn up the chocolate volume by adding chunks of white chocolate, hence the name “Double Chunk” cookies. I always use milk chocolate chips, but please feel free to use dark chocolate if you want!
This cookie is a bit of an in-betweener. It’s crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, which means you can’t only eat 1 of these bad boys at a time (sorry diet!). They’re perfect for dunking into a glass of milk because they absorb all of that milky goodness and don’t get soggy!
The yummy cookie dough! You can mix it up and add nuts & raisins to it as well.
Roll level tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls and place at least 3cm apart (otherwise you’ll end up with 1 huge cookie!).
Hot and fresh straight from the oven.
I really hope you enjoy these delectable little bites as much as my family does 🙂
Double Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 150g white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- 200g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together, then add the egg & vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in sifted flour and bicarbonate soda, in 2 batches, until a soft dough is formed.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chunks.
- Cover bowl with cling-wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 45 mins.
- Roll level tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls and place at least 3 cm apart on the trays.
- Bake for about 12 min and allow to cool on trays.